Features in previous releases can be seen in the Changelog file in denemo sources.
- Palettes of commands
- Customize content and shape
- User created palettes
- Movement Navigation Buttons
- Buttons for quick change
- Indication of current Movement
- Raw LilyPond Output
- For inclusion in user’s LilyPond template
- Single keypress to update the output
- Support for all instruments
- Upgrade Support
- Keep custom shortcuts, palettes, etc on upgrading Denemo
- Command Center
- Can stay open while working on score.
- Replaces old Command Manager
- Menu path to each command is shown
- Incremental search for commands by label
- Incremental search for strings within tooltips
- Execute any command
- Add any command to a palette
- Links to source files can be relative to current score location
- Transcribing from MIDI
- Play in to a click track.
- Enter rhythm afterwards.
- Guided MIDI import
- Durations can be checked as they are entered.
- Support for LilyPond 2.18
- Old scores are updated for incompatible syntax.
- Re-shaping/Re-positioning Ties
- Both WYSIWYG and tweaking width/height/convexity.
- LilyPond View Improvements
- Bracket Matching.
- Line numbering visible.
- Cursor position highlighted.
In git now:
- Appending over-length notes spill into next bar.
- Works for rests too.
- Optional – set a preference for old behavior.
- Shortcuts Cheat Sheet
- Current set of shortcuts listed.
- Alphabetical order.
- Gives description of command.
- Support for Aubio 4
- Microphone Input Note Detection.
- Note Onset Detection.
- Instrument Tuning.
- General Seek and Edit Facility
- Choose from all available object types in movement.
- Choose from objects at cursor.
- Seek and edit the chosen type in music playing order.
- Restart last search, wrap to beginning, to next movemnt.
- Display Editing
- Control+Shift drag to move objects in the input music display
- Does not affect the final typeset score.
- Useful when the input music display is too cluttered to see clearly.
- MusicXML import
- Imports Titles, copyright and other text
- Imports dynamic markings
In git now:
- Lyrics Interface
- Cursor on music moves to match cursor in lyrics
- Jump to any point in the lyrics by mouse or keyboard
This should be marked by a re-written user manual at least. Other suggestions for what this might contain welcome.